why to have a blog of my own ? I am struggling to figure out the answer.Till I have one, here are some of my direction less thoughts .....

Monday, December 31, 2007

Uncle ...?

Am I growing old…? Am I looking old…? How should I behave so that it suits my age..? Suddenly I am finding myself cornered by these questions. Being the youngest in a family of six, I always had this privilege of not growing up to take responsibilities and still treated like an infant. Unfortunately, I enjoyed this comfort even when I was studying. I was relatively young in our management school and to make the matter worse I also looked young. So my batch mate always liked me and never took me seriously…! So I never grow up while doing my MBA. My first job threw me in a Government department and found myself surrounded by oldies. They also took care of me by not giving any meaningful work to do ! I was really enjoying the protected status of being a naïve. Then I move to become the youngest of all project coordinators in a state programme. I was relieved to see that I don’t have to grow up and carried my childish acts. Everything was smooth till I decided to study again. Now I am landed up with a bunch of youngsters in their early and mid twenties and suddenly my status has changed to ( Uncle ?). Now I have some more than 10000 hours in my hand to be on the wrong side of thirty ….and this time I have to grow up ! But as usual, I still have a preference for the old status of being young. I hope with 2008 coming ahead will take a year from me and make me move backward ….towards twenty.

Wish u happy new year

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Uncle!!!!dont worry...hota hai...even I have to face it some day...but atleast u are there to give me inspiration...THANK GOD!!!
anyway HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008!!!!!

Sushanta said...

u have not face it yet ...? lucky man. let u have an extended family first then i will ask for ur feelings !!...

Ananya said...

Hi Sushanta,

I don't know if you'll remember, but you commented on my blog "The Chronicles of Nanya" a number of months back. I was travelling and did not have a chance to check the blog or update for a long time. I was excited to read your blog, which I must add, is very beautifully written and organised. I was also excited see that you worked near Ek Lakhi, just like I did for my M.A. field-research last year.

I'll be happy to touch base with you re research and your experiences whenever you have the time. I'm working on my thesis at the moment, so as soon as I'm done with a concrete draft, I'll be happy to send it your way. What are you working on at the moment?

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog and comment. Your feedback is much appreciated.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Best wishes,
Ananya

ananya.majumdar@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

kya uncle ....whats up...